Join me at Dawn's Craft Place


Alis Volat Propriis means"She flies with her own wings."

Thursday, September 11, 2014

L.O.V.E...

Today I have a Mixed Media project to share using Susan K Weckesser and some of my favorite products. For the month of September our design team at Susan K Weckesser were asked to share mixed media projects.
Can you believe I made two canvas pieces? I always like to have more then one project when I am playing with new ideas. I can't decide which one I like more.
 
I used this fabulous Susan K Weckesser Unity stamp set.
This is the one sheet of paper I used for the background and the backside for my large letters.
This is the very large Unity Stamp I used for my canvas
ANG-006-L-O-V-E
 Let me share a few steps along the way. This is a 12 x 24 canvas that I covered with Tim Holtz tissue paper.I used scraps of some Susan K Weckesser paper and tore extra from the sheet above.
 The large hearts were stamped with Deco-Art Media paint and Crackle paint added to distress.

These hearts were stamped with Memento ink and then distressed with Tim Holtz Antique Linen ink.Next I added the fussy cut hearts to old book pages and tore the shape roughly.
 One of our partners at Susan K Weckesser is TCW -The Crafters Workshop, they supplied us with so many Fabulous stencils. The one I used to add dimension to my canvas is called Mini North Star and worked wonderful with Deco -Art modeling paste and Green Gold Media Paint.


If you click on any of the pictures you can get a closer look at the texture and detail.
Let me know if you have any questions and I will get back to you.

I know this has been a long post this time, I just wanted to share as many pictures and angles as I could. Thanks for checking out my project,hope you leave a comment to let me know what you think.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate your visit.
Blessings